THE VICTOR HARBOR ART SHOW 2021 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entries for consideration for displaying will be accepted from 1st October, 2020 until 30th November 2020.
2. By submitting your works you enter into an agreement with Rotary Victor Harbor and you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
3. There is no submission fee. Each artist may submit a maximum of three original uncopied works. However, Rotary Victor Harbor may, by specific invitation, allow an extra 2 entries from artists who have sold three of their works at either of the two preceding Victor Harbor Art Shows and other specifically invited artists including past winners.
4. Upon acceptance in December, the following non-refundable entry fees will apply per work accepted for display:-
Youth under 13 years at 31st December 2020 $11.00 inc gst.
Youth over 13 years and under 18 years at 31st December 2020 $11.00 inc gst.
Open Category having an overall area of 1 square metre or less $22.00 inc gst.
Open Category having an overall area of up to 1.75 square metres $66.00 inc gst.
Sculptures being less than 80kg in weight and 1.2 cubic metres in volume $22.00 inc gst.
NOTE: ARTISTS MAY ENTER ONE LARGER ARTWORK, UP TO 1.75 SQ METRES (INCLUDING FRAME)
PROVIDED THAT THE PURCHASE PRICE IS $1,500 OR MORE, FOR THE ENTRY FEE OF $66,
OTHERWISE THE MAXIMUM SIZE IS ONE SQUARE METRE INCLUDING FRAME FOR ARTWORKS. OVERSIZE WORKS WILL BE INELIGIBLE FOR JUDGING.
5. Pairs (diptych) or trios (triptych) will be accepted as one entry for one entry fee. However, the total square area of both or all three artworks must comply with the 1 square metre or 1.75 square metre rule as the case may be. The artworks will be hung together and sold as one item for the price quoted on the entry.
6. NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR ENTRY ARE:- Work that is not the original work of the exhibitor (copy or reproduction, or worked on by a tutor) any artworks inadequately framed with inadequate means of hanging, damaged on arrival, oversize, pornographic or offensive (as so judged by the selection panel), incorrectly priced, not complying with work as per entry form, batik, bark arrangements, computer generated graphics, reproductions (eg photo-mechanically), photography, ceramics, porcelain, pottery, textile works, giclee prints, wet artworks (as so judged on delivery).
7. The selection panel has the right to NOT ACCEPT ALL WORKS ENTERED. Works not accompanied by an image when entries are closed may not be accepted. We understand that some artists may not have completed their work prior to the closing date. The selection panel will, at their discretion, decide whether to accept the entered work.
8. Artists whose works are accepted for displaying will be notified no later than 11th December 2020.
9. In December successful artists will be notified by email (or otherwise) that payment has been processed or is due. They will receive the OFFICIAL WORK LABEL for each work accepted and the DELIVERY DOCKET listing the accepted works. Payment must be processed prior to receival day.
NOTE: THE OFFICIAL WORK LABEL MUST BE FIRMLY ATTACHED TO THE BACK OF THE ARTWORK OR THE BOTTOM OF THE SCULPTOR. THE DELIVERY DOCKET MUST ACCOMPANY THE WORK(S) ON DELIVERY.
10. If a works that has been submitted on line has been sold by the artist prior to acceptance, a substitute work accompanied by a photo can be submitted in its place. No penalty or additional fee will apply.
11. RECEIVAL: Works will be received at Warland Reserve, Victor Harbor between 9 am and 5 pm Monday 4th January 2021. If not delivered by hand, they can be consigned by courier or post to Victor Harbor Art Show, Apollon Motel, 15 Torrens Street, Victor Harbor SA 5211 and must arrive no later than Monday 4th January 2021.
12. Each work submitted must be suitably framed or professionally presented, with self-tapping screws or other flush hangers, and substantial hanging wire (not cord). The staple heads on edges of stretched canvasses are to be professionally finished off and covered (tapes or battens). Any works delivered not meeting these criteria may not be hung. Sculptors must be able to be hung on a peg board or be able to be freestanding on a table or plinth.
13. All works delivered for exhibition MUST be the works as described on the DELIVERY DOCKET in regard to Title, Medium, and Price. Substitute works WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED on receival day and the entry fee will not be refunded.
14. UNSOLD WORKS must be collected from Warland Reserve between 9 am and 1 pm on Sunday 17th January 2021. If not collected, they will be stored at your cost and will be subject to an additional handling fee of $22.00 each. Rotary Victor Harbor will store the work for 1 week only, after which they will be disposed of with no compensation to the owner.
15. In the event of a sale, the Rotary Club of Victor Harbor shall be entitled to retain 27.5% TWENTY SEVEN AND ONE HALF PERCENT of the sale price as selling commission (includes GST on sales commission).
16. Acquisitive Awards: Any work which is priced to a sale value (excluding GST) not exceeding the acquisitive sponsor’s award, and has been selected by the Judge, is eligible for acquisition by that sponsor and will be awarded an Acquisitive Award. The work will become the property of that sponsor. The artist will receive the dollar value of the award and will be invited, as a guest, to attend the Preview Event.
17. The Rotary Club of Victor Harbor will exercise all reasonable care in handling the work submitted, but will not be responsible for the loss of or damage to any works while in its custody, or the club’s agents. Rotary Victor Harbor will not accept responsibility for damage (shrinkage) resulting from the use of inferior canvas or paint. ARTISTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR INSURING THEIR WORKS AGAINST LOSS OR DAMAGE.
18. The Artist will indemnify Rotary Victor Harbor against any cost incurred by the Club (including legal fees and damage) in any way relating to the work and the exhibition of the work in the Art Show, including claims in defamation and claims for injury and property damage (including damage to or loss of the work itself).
19. Works must be delivered free of all charges. No payments will be made by Rotary Victor Harbor for freight or other charges incurred in delivery or return if unsold.
20. All works must remain on display until dispersal day Sunday 17th January 2021.
21. Artists, by entering work in the exhibition, authorise Rotary Victor Harbor, at their discretion, to allow any work to be photographed for the purpose of publicity and to promotion of the Victor Harbor Art Show.
22. Rotary Victor Harbor is a selling agent only and does not own the work sold. Rotary Victor Harbor cannot issue a tax invoice to a purchaser on behalf of the artist. If a purchaser requires a tax invoice for the purpose of claiming tax credits, the artist with an ABN and registered for GST will be notified and asked to provide a tax invoice for that customer.
23. Goods and Services Tax has been applied to charges: Entry Fee, Painting Handling Fee, Sales Commission and other areas which reflect the GST component. Artists must complete the GST Section of the online entry process by selecting one of the three categories and provide relevant information. Artists are liable for all and any GST on work sales (where applicable) and are personally responsible for all and any GST payments and compliance required by the GST or related law and the Australian Tax Office. By confirming you have read the terms and conditions of entry and sale of works you are deemed to have signed the GST declaration. Awards will include GST where applicable. Awards to artists holding an ABN and GST registration will include any requisite GST amount in addition to the published competition award amount. Non-cash awards are GST inclusive values unless otherwise indicated.
Note: Rotary Victor Harbor reserves the right not to accept an entry where no GST information or incomplete information is given.